Rob McCallum has litigated and arbitrated scores of significant cases in a variety of industries and sectors including aerospace, banking and financial services, beverages and bottling, construction and engineering, entertainment and sports, insurance, mergers and acquisitions, oil and gas, private equity, and software licensing.
Rob represents clients in all stages of the disputes life cycle, from pre-litigation strategy through trial, appeals, and enforcement. He has a flexible approach and can work as a solo advocate or as part of a team in collaboration with other firms. He is particularly experienced in the following areas:
- Arbitration of domestic and cross-border disputes
- Enforcing domestic and international arbitration awards
- Commercial litigation in US state and federal courts
- Serving as lead US counsel in cross-border disputes
- Obtaining discovery in aid of non-US proceedings under the US federal statute known as Section 1782
- Advising on the jurisdictional reach of US courts